Joining We All Code's Associate Board is an exciting opportunity for early- to mid-career professionals who want to contribute their time, talent, and treasure to We All Code's mission, while building professional networks and enhancing leadership skills.
The Associate Board provides an excellent opportunity for interested volunteers at an early stage in their careers to contribute to We All Code's mission on many levels (devoting time, treasure, talent) while building professional networks and enhancing leadership skills.
The work of the Associate Board will focus on the following guiding principles:
- Elevate the presence of We All Code across Chicago and enhance visibility for our programs;
- Raise funds and engage new potential donors to support the development of future leaders; and
- Create opportunities outside of the organization for engagement with young students.
Benefits of an Associate Board Membership
- Friend-raising and networking experience
- Leadership development experience and mentoring with the Board of Directors
- Mentoring opportunities
- Name recognition on Board invitations (when appropriate)
- Recognition in the organization's Annual Report
- Opportunities to enjoy special privileges such as behind-the-scenes tours and previews of new programs and initiatives
- A passion for building future leaders and a commitment to developing students of courage, confidence and character.
- Personally donate $250 (give) and work to bring in additional $500 (get) through personal/professional networks throughout the year.
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for the mission of We All Code, especially among Chicago's young professional community.
- Attend at least 75% of scheduled meetings, though attendance at all meetings is strongly encouraged.
- Join an Associate Board committee.
- Support fundraising events. This would include at least two of the following:
- Secure monetary or in-kind donations.
- Purchase at least one ticket and attend the event(s)
- Make a personal financial donation towards the event if unable to attend
- Purchase raffle tickets, silent auction items, etc. (if applicable)
- Engage personal and professional networks and/or companies to support the organization at-large and Associate Board-specific events.
- Commit to building students of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place and be passionate about developing future leaders.
The Associate Board currently consists of approximately 15 members. We aspire to grow while keeping membership limited. Our target members are professionals, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders in the first 5-10 years of their careers. Membership on the Associate Board is open to anyone who is passionate about We All Code's mission and interested in supporting the work we do.
Each year, the Associate Board works with its liaison(s) from the Board of Directors to establish a fundraising goal for the fall event in addition to the Associate Board give/get requirements.
Associate Board Committees
Outreach - The Associate Board Outreach Committee works to increase the reach of We All Code, build a network/pipeline, and ensure that multiple dimensions of We All Code are represented.
Fundraising - The Associate Board Fundraising Committee uses creativity and connections, with a We All Code focus, to lead the annual fall event. This Committee focuses on leading the full Associate Board through the process of securing sponsorships, selling tickets, securing silent auction items, and creating an event that is engaging and mission-oriented.
Volunteer - The Associate Board Volunteer Committee works to create opportunities that engage the Associate Board members with the mission of the organization in a hands-on, meaningful way that also creates social interaction with each other.
Please contact us at [email protected] for any questions or more information.
Apply to join the Associate Board
Don't miss this unique opportunity to give back to the Chicago community!